Sunday 17 November 2013

CDDa - Life drawing - Texture

These are my life drawing sketches from last week. Sorry for the bad images, they have been rolled up all weekend as I had to leave straight after the life drawing session. This week the focus was on texture. I used a charcoal pencil but would have preferred some actual charcoal this week, I feel that would have been easier to get more onto the paper with. Our model was sat on a dark, shiny bean bag with 2 different fabrics covering parts of it. My first 2 drawings are 10 minute sketches near the start of the session. The first was just me getting warmed up.


The second is better, I began to add a little texture but too slowly. 


My third drawing was much better, we had 15 minutes for this. This time I quickly got the model into the picture and started detailing the area. I didn't finish all the texture but I feel that I at least showed that the different objects he sat on were different textures and materials. 


This was a 45 minute sketch. I spent most of time focused on the robe, the theme was textures after all, and feel really happy with the finished robe. It was quite a heavy, large robe and I feel that I did well with this sketch. The material folded in a similar way to the sleeve ends of my Dwarfs undershirt for my character and I feel that I may be able to use this image for reference on the different kinds of folds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment