Wednesday 16 October 2013

CDDA - Environment Ideas

 I came up with a few environment design ideas today, revolving around the idea of Dwarfs. My first idea is just a simple hallway showcasing Dwarf architecture and patterns. If I was to use this idea I would further populate the scene using jewels and weaponry, two items associated with Dwarfs.


My second idea is that of a more basic Dwarf kingdom. This would be more relevant when put together with my character history and ideas as the Dwarf is a smith and they are not that technologically advanced. It shows a curve within a cave tunnel with a forge and random items littered about leaving only a small path for Dwarfs to walk on. If chosen, the design's forge would be larger and more elaborate, more populated with random items and the walls would be very rough and quite natural.


Below is a sheet showing different tools and machines that could feature in a Dwarf forge. It shows ways of transporting items, crushing metal, heating a furnace, metal work surface, anvil and small mortar. These would populate the scene and help give it a busy atmosphere which is what I believe a Dwarf's forge would have.


Out of the 2 environment ideas I drew, the second one appeals more to me but is still not what I am looking for. I think that I will choose to draw a forge for my environment. I want it to be big but with a busy atmosphere. I want it to be cramped, full of machines, weaponry and lots of things happening at once. These designs have helped me make a step in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment