Friday 25 October 2013

CDDA - Character Face/Hair

Today I did some work regarding my characters face. Not having a lot of experience with drawing faces, this is the area of my character I am most worried about getting correct and so I want to know exactly what I am creating before I start work on it. I already had some ideas as to what I wanted beforehand regarding his face, I wanted a quite hard and square face, and I wanted facial hair which was to be brown, red or a blend of them. First I decided to create a basic profile of his face to work off of. This was quite easy surprisingly, only really needing to use references regarding nose and eyes. I made the face quite square and hard with a large nose. 


I then took this face and made very rough sketches showing hairstyles that I consider to be 'Dwarfish'. It was my 7th design that I liked most (Larger, at the bottom). It is swept back hair which is kept under control using some kind of metal hair band loop. The facial hair is thick but short. I think this suits my character well, being a blacksmith where hair that gets in the way could be a danger.


No comments:

Post a Comment