Thursday 24 October 2013

CDDA - Environment progression

Today I came up with a few more ideas for what I would like to do for my environment design. This time I used Photoshop, mainly because I was looking at perspective artwork for inspiration on the internet. Both pictures feature large shaped caves which use one perspective. Neither are particularly detailed either as they are just focusing on the perspective and what the idea would look like. The first is a very vast cave which isn't a very full environment. I like the idea of the perspective going off to one side but I didn't like how low the vanishing point was as I want to be able to see more of the surfaces that the Dwarfs would be working on.  


In my second design I kept things similar to the first but changed several things. I raised the vanishing point allowing me to look down on the environment more and see work surfaces (as I complained of in the first picture). I also made the environment more full of items, specifically the foreground. The environment would show a Dwarfs work area with forges, mining carts and other items towards the back. It shared the same cave type as the previous image but is more like how I imagined my Dwarf smith to look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment