Thursday 5 December 2013

CDDA - Life drawing - Woman model

This week at life drawing we had a female model making it a much more interesting session with the different shapes and shadows to be drawn. We started with 5 minute poses which went okay, it was quite a lot different from drawing our normal male model. The main difference that I struggled with was the size of the model, a slim build, which was very different to our other model.





We then did a 25 minute drawing. This one went quite well, I like it from the hips up. The legs are too thin and bend slightly. I also decided to use orange for highlights and my charcoal for the shadow giving a nice effect. I was pretty happy with this.


Lastly we did a 45 minute drawing. I used the same medium again. It went pretty well, I was really happy with the shapes and I felt I got the general idea of the shadows and highlights on her. I drew her face which I was pretty happy with too though I didn't have time to add colour and shadow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment